On this week's episode of IMPACTability®, we are joined by Sarah Owen, the CEO of Collaboratory. Sarah gives us an in-depth look at how to spark innovations in the nonprofit sector and how to convince your organization that change is good. How can you be more innovative, not only in your every day operation, but in your plans for the future? What if you are planning some changes in your organization. Can you get everyone, including your board, to buy in? How are your donors going to feel? Find out on this week's installment.
- Innovation 03:30
- Collaboratory background 04:00
- Should you throw out the book? 05:50
- Know your mission 06:30
- How do you collaborate, and what does that mean? 08:30
- How to convince your board 09:10
- Keep your board involved 10:50
- How do you get the ball rolling with conservative board members? 12:00
- Importance of board training 13:30
- Challenges of change 16:20
- Should rebrands be a secret? 17:36
- Marketing change 21:30
- Donor management 23:10
Coaches Corner Question - (What are the first steps a nonprofit shoulkd take to launch a planned giving program?) 26:30
Got a question that you'd like to ask a nonprofit professional? Check out the Coaches Corner in every episode, where our Impact Coaches answer your questions regarding your nonprofit. Email your questions to IMPACTCoaches@IMPACTability.net and listen to next week’s episode to see if your question gets answered!
Engage with other nonprofit professionals by joining our IMPACTability® Facebook community!
Leave a review: Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode please leave us a review.
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy